oatmeal breads

Debbie Hrabinski <piggie@worldnet.att.net>
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 09:02:21 -0500
v097.n066.13
here's a whole bunch of oatmeal breads for the person who requested
them.
debbie

                 Honey and Oats Bread (1 1/2 lb. loaf)

>   Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> --------  ------------  --------------------------------
>    1      cup           milk -- 75-85 degrees F
>    1      large         egg
>    3      tablespoons   honey
>    2      tablespoons   sweet butter
>    1      cup           rolled oats
>    2 3/4  cups          bread flour
>    1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
>    1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast
>
> Add all ingredients to bread pan and bake at light crust 1 1/2 lb. loaf.
> Found at Betty Crocker Breadmaker WWW site:
>     http://www.stannet.com/stannet/bread/bcrocker.html

>                            OATMEAL SPICE BREAD
>
>   Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> --------  ------------  --------------------------------
>      1/2  cup           rolled oats -- old-fashioned
>      7/8  cup           water
>    2      cups          bread flour
>    1      teaspoon      salt
>    1      tablespoon    canola oil
>    3      tablespoons   brown sugar
>      1/4  cup           raisins
>      3/4  teaspoon      ground cinnamon
>      1/4  teaspoon      ground nutmeg
>      1/4  teaspoon      ground ginger
>      1/8  teaspoon      ground cloves
>    1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast
>
> Select RAPID Bake for this one pound loaf.

                               Oatmeal Bread

>   Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> --------  ------------  --------------------------------
>                         1 1/2 Lb Loaf: -- (1 lb loaf):
>    1      Tsp           Active Dry Yeast -- (3/4 t)
>    1      Tbsp          Dough Enhancer -- optional, (2 t)
>    1 1/2  Tbsp          Brown Sugar -- (1 T)
>    1 1/4  C             Rolled Oats -- (3/4 C)
>    2 1/4  C             Bread Flour -- (1 1/2 C)
>    1      Tsp           Salt -- (1/2 t)
>    4      Tsp           Milk -- (2 1/2 t)
>    1 1/2  Tbsp          Butter -- (1 T)
>    1 1/2  Tbsp          Molasses -- (1 T)
>    9      Oz            Warm Water -- (3/4 C)
>
> This is a soft, rich-tasting oatmeal bread.  Try a toasted slice with a
> bowl of hot oatmeal for a real oat lover's treat.
> Note:
> 1.  For Panasonic/National machines, use 2 t of yeast for the 1 1/2 lb
> loaf.

Maple Oatmeal Bread

Recipe By:
Serving Size:   12
Preparation Time:       0:00
Categories:     Bread Machine

Amount  Measure Ingredient      Preparation Method
                1 1/2 lb loaf:
2 1/4   teaspoons       yeast
1       cup     quick-cooking oats
3       cups    bread flour
1 1/8   teaspoons       salt
1/3     cup     maple syrup
1       tablespoons     cooking oil
1 1/3   cups    warm water

Add ingredients in order recommended for your machine.

 SWEET OATMEAL BREAD W/WHOLE WHEAT
>  (Bread Machine)
>
>     1/2 c  Oatmeal (Quaker Oats)
>     3/4 c  Water
>       1 ts Water (in addition)
>   1 1/2 c  Bread flour
>     1/2 c  Whole wheat
>       1 ts Salt
>       2 tb Molasses
>       1 tb Sugar
>   1 1/2 ts Yeast
>
>   Place all ingredients in bread pan, select Light Crust setting. This
>   was really good but next time I will add some powdered milk to make
>   it softer.

 SWEET OATMEAL BREAD
> Bread Machine
>     3/4 c  Old-fashioned rolled oats
>   1 1/4 c  ;water (Welbilt/Dak add
>            -2 tablespoons more
>       3 c  Bread flour
>   1 1/2 ts Salt
>       3 tb Molasses
>   1 1/2 ts Red Star active dry yeast;
>            -1-1/2-lb Panasonic/National
>            -machines (use 3 tsp. yeast)
>            -1-1/2 lb Welbilt/Dak
>            -machines (use 2 tsp. yeast)
>
>   Place all ingredients in bread pan, select Light crust setting, and
>   press Start.  (Some machines may have to be set at Bread Color: Light
>   or Crust: Adjust Temp. Sensor to Light.) Menu selection: Bake Light
>   (Some machines may have to be set at Menu: Bread or Select: White
>   Bread.) Note: This bread can be set on a delayed timer. The authors
>   suggest, cut a thick slice and toast it.  This makes a 1-1/2 lb loaf.

Basic Oatmeal Bread

For bread:
1  cup milk, whole or skim
2  tablespoons unsalted butter or canola oil
2  cups bread flour
1  cup uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
2  tablespoons dark brown sugar to 1 teaspoon salt to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

For glaze:
1 egg white
2 tablespoons milk, whole or skim
oat flakes for garnish

1. Remember to follow the instructions for placement of the yeast
provided
with the model of bread machine that you have. Put the cup of milk and
the
butter or canola oil in the baking pan first, unless directed to reserve
the
liquids till last, and add the flour, oatmeal,
brown sugar, salt and yeast. Use your machine's regular or quick-bake
cycle.

2. After removing finished loaf from pan, and while bread is still
piping
hot, quickly whip together the egg white and
the two tablespoons of milk and brush this glaze over the top of bread.
Sprinkle the dome of the loaf liberally with oat flakes. Some will fall
off.
Return the loaf to the pan and the pan to its baking slot in the
machine.
The oat flakes will cling firmly as the glaze cooks from the retained
heat
of the bread and the oven and then cools. Makes one loaf.

Blueberry Oatmeal ABM

   2      Teaspoons     Yeast
   2 1/2  Cups          Bread flour
     3/4  Cup           Oats
     1/3  Teaspoon      Salt
   1 1/3  Tablespoons   Sugar
   1 1/3  Tablespoons   Oil
   1 1/4  Cups          Blueberries & juice

  White/sweet Setting: light to medium

Title: OATMEAL-APPLESAUCE BREAD

  2 1/4 c  Bread flour
      1 tb Sugar
      1 tb Dry milk
      1 ts Salt
      1 tb Butter
    1/4 c  Oatmeal (4/5 oz)
    1/4 c  Applesauce (2 1/10 oz)
    1/2 ts Cinnamon
    5/8 c  Water (5 fl.oz)
      1 ts Dry yeast

Cranberry And Oat Bread

Recipe By     : The Best Low-Fat, No-Sugar Bread Machine Cookbook Ever
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing
List
                Breads                           Low Fat

                        1 Lb Loaf: -- (1 1/2 Lb Loaf):
   1 1/4  Tsp            Dry Yeast -- (2 1/4 Tsp)
   2      C             Bread Flour -- (3 C)
     1/4  C             Rolled Oats -- (1/3 C)
   2      Tbsp          Nonfat Dry Milk -- (3 T)
     1/4  C             Wheat Bran -- (1/3 C)
   1      Tbsp          Grated Orange Peel -- (1 1/2 T)
     1/2  Tsp           Salt -- (3/4 Tsp)
     1/2  C             Fresh Cranberries -- (3/4 C)
     3/4  C             Water -- (1 C)

By Madge Rosenberg

Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual
and
process on the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturer's
directions.