cornbread recipe (made with creamed corn)

Hzmyers@aol.com
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:00:51 -0500 (EST)
v097.n067.1
This may be the cornbread recipe that Laurie <donofri1@gte.net> was looking
for,  which I found in a Del Monte ad:

        Cornbread

1    cup yellow cornmeal
1    cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1    Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1    can (15 1/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained (A)
1    can (14 3/4 oz.) cream style corn (B)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup milk
2    eggs, beaten (C)

     Combine the first 5 dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix well.
     Combine corn, butter, milk, and eggs in another bowl.  Mix well.  Pour
into flour mixture.  Stir just enough to blend.
     Pour into 8-inch square baking pan.(D)  Bake in a preheated 400 degree
oven for 25-30 minutes.

Notes: (A) May use whole kernel gold & white corn.
          (B) May use cream style white corn.
          (C) May use 1/2 cup egg substitute ("Eggbeaters") instead of eggs.
          (D) May use the same recipe for cornbread muffins:  Pour mixture
into 12 large greased or non-stick muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or
until golden brown.

I've been "eaves-dropping" at the bread bakers digest for over a year now,
much to my pleasure.  About time I shared a recipe and earned my keep...
  Warm regards to all, Howard <hzmyers@aol.com>