newbie

awicke@juno.com (Alma L Gunn)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 01:37:25 -0800
v098.n007.15
I'm new on the list and I am new at baking bread in a bread machine.  I
relieved an Oster deluxe model for Christmas and I love it.

I have baked bread everyday since bringing it home. I work nights on a 12
hour shift, and the timer feature  is wonderful.  My family wakes up to
fresh hot bread almost everyday and I come home to fresh bread.

I have had wonderful success with the machine.  I have only had 2 loaves
fall.  The rest have been light and tall.  I have already started to
experiment and make up my own recipes. I made an apricot quick bread to
die for.

I especially like whole grain and wheat recipes as bread has become a
staple in my home.

Alma

                      Apricot Bread

1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1Tbsp. powdered buttermilk
1cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2cups all purpose flour
1cup sugar
2 1/2tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup drained canned apricots

Pre-mix ingredients, spray pan with vegetable oil.
pour mixture in pan and use the quick bread setting.