RE: Digest bread-bakers.v098.n027

"Russell J. Fletcher" <gimplimp@teleport.com>
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:08:46 -0700
v098.n031.1
On Saturday, April 04, 1998 6:49 PM,
> I am intrigued by the name "Taste of Italy bread" which appeared in the =
> threads on storing premixed ingredients.  Any chance of posting the =
> recipe?

Here are both sizes.
Russ

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                Taste of Italy Bread 1 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : King Arthur Flour http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/
Categories    : Bread Machine                    30 % Cff Or Less
                Eat-Lf (Low Fat List)

   1      cup           water -- plus 2 Tablespoons
   1      Tablespoon    olive oil
   1      Tablespoon    honey
   1 1/3  cups          semolina flour -- * see note
   1 1/3  cups          flour -- machine or unbleachd
   1 1/4  teaspoons     salt
   1      Tablespoon    Italian seasoning -- ** see note
   1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type (Oster) :  Press select until the number 1 is displayed
(Regular, medium crust cycle).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours indicated.

* semolina is the flour the color of corn meal which is used to make pasta.
  Before it is cooked it has a gritty texture, but obviously is smooth when
cooked.

** Italian Seasoning is a mixture of spices available at the grocery store.
 It
may vary depending on the company making it, but it usually has some
mixture of
marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil.
Russ

Formatted by Russell Fletcher, cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : This is wonderful with lunch meat and is my favorite bread

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

               Taste of Italy Bread 1.5 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : King Arthur Flour http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/
Categories    : Bread Machine                    30 % Cff Or Less
                Eat-Lf (Low Fat List)

   1 3/4  cups          water
   1      Tablespoon    olive oil -- plus 2 teaspoons
   1      Tablespoon    honey -- plus 2 teaspoons
   2      cups          semolina flour -- * see note
   2      cups          flour -- machine or unbleachd
   2      teaspoons     salt
   4      teaspoons     Italian seasoning -- heaping  ** see note
   2      teaspoons     active dry yeast

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type (Oster) :  Press select until the number 2 is displayed
(Large, medium crust cycle).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours indicated.

* semolina is the flour the color of corn meal which is used to make pasta.
  Before it is cooked it has a gritty texture, but obviously is smooth when
cooked.
** Italian Seasoning is a mixture of spices available at the grocery store.
 It
may vary depending on the company making it, but it usually has some
mixture of
marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil.

Russ

Formatted by Russell Fletcher, cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

Serving Ideas : This is wonderful with lunch meat and is my favorite bread

NOTES : When I made a 1 1/2 lb. loaf the bread hit the top of my 2 lb. Oster
Bread Machine (so I make the 1 lb. loaf).

----
Russell Fletcher gimplimp@teleport.com
or cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com
living in rainy Camas WA USA