Non-fat bread spread

"Jo in Minnesota" <josiem@tekstar.com>
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 12:25:15 -0500
v098.n070.9
For Robert who is looking for a bread spread, this is dairy
based, but my favorite and I want to share it with the
list:

Use Non-fat Vanilla Yogurt (the old fashioned kind with no
gelatin that will "cheese up"), I like the quart size.  Add
one teaspoon (or less depending on your love of ginger) of
grated ginger, and about one tablespoon of finely grated
orange rind.  Stir all of this together, fill your colander
with paper towells, and plop the yogurt mix into it, set it
over a bowl and refrigerate it for about 24 hours.  It will
turn into a fragrant and delicious orange/ginger flavored
spreadable cheese that is wonderful on whole wheat toast or
ww crackers.  If yiy use a smaller size yogurt, just reduce
the orange and ginger according to your own guesses!

I plan to try the recipe shown on this list using chevres
and non fat yogurt for a "lite" cheesy
spread.  Sounds just great!

Would those who have great potato bread recipes, please
share them?  I am interested in both instant mashed
potatoes and scratch recipes.

TIA,

Jo in Minnesota