reply: for bread that doesn't rise

"pat hogberg" <p_hogberg@hotmail.com>
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 16:54:49 PDT
v098.n072.5
Hi,
  I've forgotten who was asking for info on bread that doesn't rise.  I
went to a King Arthur Bread baking class a couple of weeks ago and asked
the same question. My bread (dough) looked great until I put it into the
oven and then the baked bread wasn't half as high as when I put it into
the oven.
  I was told that I was letting the dough rise too much, that the bread
does a quick rise when you first put it into the oven before it starts
to bake.  Now, I don't worry about how it looks before I put it into the
oven...it can not look raised at all, but when it's baked, it looks
great because it did the last part of rising in the oven!
Hope that makes sense.
 Pat Hogberg