ABM Sponge method recipe

Dan Aldrich <daldrich@earthlink.net>
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:35:28 -0700
v098.n075.7
Made my first batch of bread using a sponge method with the bread machine.
Using the machine just for the dough which is all we use it for these days.
Came out just great. Everyone should try this recipe at least once. Heavy
crust with a chewy inside and irregular holes. Very slow rising with just a
1/2 tsp of yeast; 1/4 tsp for the overnight sponge and another 1/4 for the
dough the next day. I've had a theory you could make this by playing around
with the machine's cycles. Found and tried this recipe at King Arthur:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com

Look under recipes for 'In Search Of The Perfect Rustic Loaf'.

-Dan