idea for New Years Bread

Dori Van Watermeulen <vanwater@uos.net>
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:57:07 -0700
v099.n001.3
There is a yellow almond cake recipe that calls for 1 whole almond to be
inserted. Served on New Years Eve or New Years Day, the person who
receives that almond will be the first to enjoy *good luck* for the
coming year.

So, I'm making this Almond Oatmeal Bread, and have inserted an almond
after the last kneading cycle. I'll spend tonight baking loaves for each
of our neighboring houses as a "Happy New Year" gift from my new
"Home-baked Heaven" business  <soft smile!>

Almond Oatmeal Bread - Bread Machine 1 lb loaf

2/3 c. milk
1 1/4 TBSP applesauce
1 TBSP Almond Paste
1 tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2/3 c. Oats
1 1/3 c. Bread Flour
1 tsp yeast

Inspiring your culinary creativity ... ~ Dori ~