Re: Looking for recipes

sue@interport.net (Sue)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:53:08 -0500 (EST)
v099.n002.6
>From: Reggie and Jeff Dwork <reggie@best.com>

>>>Soups are wonderful on cold winter days.  What breads would you make to go
>>with them?

For hearty cold weather soups, oatmeal bread!  I like this recipe:

SWEET OAT BREAD

From: "Bread Machine Magic" by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway

Ingredients:
water..............1 c
molasses..........3 T
salt..............1-1/2  tsp
sugar.............1-1/2 T
rolled oats..........3/4 c
bread flour..........3 c
active dry yeast.....1-1/2  tsp

When baking is completed, place loaf on wire rack to cool for 30 min before
cutting.   NOTE:  The first time you try this, use 1 c water and watch at
the beginning to see if more is needed.  If so, add 1 tsp at a time and
record how much it takes for the next time.  I needed 1 c plus 1 Tbsp.  The
directions say to use the light setting on the machine, but it was too light
for my taste this time.  I use the regular bake cycle, regular crust.

Sue(tm)