Machines

"Denise Pindell" <ddpinde@inx.net>
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:06:07 -0000
v099.n002.7
My first time, so I hope I get this right.
About machines
I have the Regal Super Rapid 69 minute machine.  Have had it for about 2
months.   I have had good results every time I have used the cycle.  It's
handy to be able to throw everything in, walk away come back it a little
over an hour, and have a great loaf.  This is my third machine.  First one,
I wore out was a West Bend, that was about five years old.  Second one is a
Breadman, which I bought because they were supposed to be so good at
heavier doughs.  I wasn't impressed, but used it for two years.  Then I got
intrigued by this short time thing.  The bread coming out of this Regal is
picture perfect as far as I'm concerned.  It has a color select (I like
light.)  Texture is good too.  I am experimenting with more recipes to see
if they will work on the Rapid cycle.  The book has more recipes than I've
seen with my others.  My family is wild about the pizza dough recipe.  I
use King Arthur flour. They have some great "bases" that I use often too. I
get consistent results with their flour, bread machine and all-purpose.
I may be doing a lot of baking in the next few days, as we have about a
foot of snow and it's still coming down...