Re: Chat: Cookbook Club

Karen Wheless <kwheless@rockland.net>
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 22:31:58 -0500
v099.n002.17
>Does anyone or has anyone belonged to The Good Cook Book of the Month
>Club"? It's a continually different collection of cookbooks at
>(supposedly) discount. I just received their Winter Catalog and have
>never seen this nor heard of it before. I can't find any websites about
>them.

They are a subdivision of the Book of the Month Club, although they offer
different books and don't have a web site.  I belonged to them for a while,
and found them very reliable, I always got my cookbooks quickly and their
customer service was excellent.  The initial offering of cookbooks (get x
books free, then buy so many more) is a great deal.   After the initial
shipment, their regular prices are OK, but they have frequent sales, and
you can build up points to get free books.  They have one of the largest
selections of cookbooks I have ever seen, even if the book you want isn't
in the latest catalog, you can often call and find that they still have
books from previous months and years in stock.  The big cost is shipping,
their shipping costs are very high, especially if you only order one or two
books at a time.  If you save up and order at least four or five books at
once, you can save money, especially if you buy a lot of cookbooks!   I
finally quit because my bookshelves were overflowing.

Karen Wheless

Karen Wheless
		 kwheless@rockland.net
"If the world were a logical place, men would ride side-saddle"
          Rita Mae Brown