Re: Recipes for kids

"Russell J. Fletcher" <russ_f@juno.com>
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 16:51:24 -0800
v099.n009.1
>From: NLR1968@aol.com
>Subject: Recipes for kids

>Hi All!!
>I need a little help.
>I am looking for a bread recipe that my kids will really like.  I have
>four kids and I make them lunch for school and my teenagers hate my
bread.
>They like the prepackaged mix I buy from Costco.  I know there has to be

Which pre-packaged mixes do they like?

here are a couple of possibilities they might like:

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

         Apple Oatmeal Bread with Raisins 1.5 lb (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Bread Machine Magic 96
Categories    : Bread Machine

     1/2  cup           Old rolled oats - 1/3
     5/8  cup           Water - 1/2
     1/2  cup           Unsweeten applesauce - 1/3
   2 3/4  cups          Bread flour - 1 3/4
   1 1/2  teaspoons     Salt - 1
   2      tablespoons   Brown sugar - 1
   1 1/2  tablespoons   Nonfat dry milk powder - 1 T
   1 1/2  tablespoons   Applesauce* - 1 T
     1/3  cup           Raisins - 1/4
   1      teaspoon      Ground cinnamon - 1 t
   1 1/2  teaspoons     Yeast*

Place in bread pan. Select light crust setting. *Welbilt/Dak 1 1/2 pound
machines take 2 teaspoons. Recipe calls for 1 1/2 T butter...I use
applesauce. Not too moist. Hold back some water to begin with. Flavor
outstanding. Very moist, but not soggy. Use Instant active yeast 1 3/4 t
for large loaf.

 dandelion@edeneast.com daily-bread@lists.best.com

The full flavor of this bread doesn't appear until a day or two after the
bread has been baked.  Russell Fletcher cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

              Certainly Citrus Bread 1.5 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Electric Bread, p. 46
Categories    : 30 % Cff Or Less                 Bread Machine

   1      cup           water
     1/4  cup           orange marmalade
   2      Tablespoons   margarine -- (recipe says butter)
   1      Tablespoon    lemon juice
   1      Tablespoon    lime juice
   3      cups          white bread flour
   2      Tablespoons   dry milk
   1      Tablespoon    sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
     1/8  teaspoon      lemon peel
   1      Tablespoon    active dry yeast -- 1 1/2 tsp rapid rise

This recipe can be used with the regular or rapid bake cycles.
(Oster machine #2)

This bread book has a nice, good size color picture for each bread recipe

Russell Fletcher cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4289 0

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

              Cinnamon-Raisin Bread 1.5 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Oster Deluxe Bread and Dough Maker, p 41. (1997)
Categories    : Bread Machine                    30 % Cff Or Less

   1 1/4  cups          water
   2      Tablespoons   margarine
   3 1/4  cups          white bread flour
     1/4  cup           sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   1      teaspoon      ground cinnamon
   2 1/4  teaspoons     active dry yeast -- (2 t. bread machine)
                        <<<MIX-INS>>>
     3/4  cup           raisins

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type -Sweet Bread cycle.  (For Oster number 8).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours
indicated.
6) Add Mix-in when bread maker beeps, about 32 minutes after starting.

formatted by Russell Fletcher cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

               Cinnamon-Raisin Bread 2 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Oster Deluxe Bread and Dough Maker, p 41. (1997)
Categories    : Bread Machine                    30 % Cff Or Less

   1 1/2  cups          water
   2      Tablespoons   margarine
   4      cups          white bread flour
     1/4  cup           sugar
   2      teaspoons     salt
   1 1/4  teaspoons     ground cinnamon
   2 1/4  teaspoons     active dry yeast -- (or bread machine)
                        <<<MIX-INS>>>
     3/4  cup           raisins

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type -Sweet Bread cycle.  (For Oster number 8).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours
indicated.
6) Add Mix-in when bread maker beeps, about 32 minutes after starting.

formatted by Russell Fletcher cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

             Crunchy Wheat and Honey 1.5 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Oster Deluxe Bread and Dough Maker, p 32. (1997)
Categories    : Bread Machine

   1 1/4  cups          water
   3      Tablespoons   honey
   2      Tablespoons   margarine, soft
   2      cups          flour, whole-grain wheat
   1 1/2  cups          flour, bread
     1/2  cup           almond slivers -- (toasted)
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   1 1/4  teaspoons     yeast -- (regular or bread)

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type: Wheat, large loaf (Oster machine #5).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours
indicated.

formatted by Russell Fletcher, gimplimp@teleport.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                     Honey Oat Bread (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Sue Bee Honey
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Honey
                30 % Cff Or Less

   1      cup           warm water
     1/4  cup           honey -- (I like clover here)
   2      Tablespoons   vegetable oil
   3      cups          white bread flour
     1/2  cup           oatmeal -- raw
   1      teaspoon      salt
   2      teaspoons     active dry yeast

Combine ingredients in breadmaker per your manufacturer's instructions.
You can replace 2 cups white bread flour with 2 cups whole wheat flour
and add one tbsp vital wheat gluten (I haven't done this, but the
original recipe suggested this).  Makes a moist, sweet loaf.
Bread type -White Bread cycle, Large loaf.  (Number 2 for Oster machine).

Message From NavyDoc <NavyDoc@aol.com> to The TNT Recipes List.
formatted by Russell Fletcher cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com .

(It is interesting how Sue Bee Honey has become politically correct and
changed the Sioux Bee to Sue Bee even though the home office is in Sioux
City Iowa, 30 miles from where I grew up).  Russ

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                 Peanut Butter Bread #2  (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Electric Bread
Categories    : Bread Machine                    30 % Cff Or Less

   1 1/4  cups          Water
     1/2  cup           peanut butter -- (creamy or chunky)
   1 1/2  cups          whole-wheat flour
   3      Tablespoons   gluten flour
   1 1/2  cups          Bread flour
     1/4  cup           Brown sugar
     1/2  teaspoon      Salt
   2 1/4  teaspoons     Active dry yeast

Put all ingredients in pan according to manufacturer's instructions.
Note:  Since I have well water at my house, I always add lemon juice to
the
water.>From: Penchard@aol.comThis is wonderful toasted!

"Gluten is the protein component of grain.  Gluten flour has had
practically all starch removed and is used widely in diatetic breads."
Beard On Bread, p.6.  It is available at places like Natures Fresh
Northwest
Use the whole wheat bread, large loaf cycle (Oster machine #5).
Russell Fletcher cccwebauthor@bigfoot.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                   Potato Bread 1.5 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Oster Deluxe Bread and Dough Maker, p 20. (1997)
Categories    : Bread Machine

   1 1/4  cups          water
   2      Tablespoons   margarine, soft
   3 1/4  cups          flour, bread
     1/2  cup           mashed potato flakes -- dry
   1      Tablespoon    sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   1 3/4  teaspoons     yeast -- (regular or bread)

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type: White, large loaf (Oster machine #2).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours
indicated.

This is the all time favorite bread I have made for Bread Day (every
Thursday) when I bring a loaf of bread for everyone at work to snack on.

formatted by Russell Fletcher, gimplimp@teleport.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                    Potato Bread 2 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Oster Deluxe Bread and Dough Maker, p 20. (1997)
Categories    : Bread Machine

   1 1/2  cups          water
   2      Tablespoons   margarine, soft
   4      cups          flour, bread
     1/2  cup           mashed potato flakes -- dry
   4      teaspoons     sugar
   2      teaspoons     salt
   1 3/4  teaspoons     yeast -- (regular or bread)

1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type: White, large loaf (Oster machine #2).
5) Press start.  Bread will be done baking in the number of hours
indicated.

This is the all time favorite bread I have made for Bread Day (every
Thursday) when I bring a loaf of bread for everyone at work to snack on.

formatted by Russell Fletcher, gimplimp@teleport.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]