Bagel Bread

"Sue & Sam Hurwitz" <suesam@pipeline.com>
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:12:08 -0400
v099.n022.10
Here is the recipe requested for bagel bread. I have not tried it - yet.
It can certainly be adapted for non-bread machine use.  Let us know how
it turns out.

Sam

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Bagel Bread

Recipe By     : Lycos
Categories    : Bagels                           Bread

      Title: Whole Wheat Bagel Bread from
 Categories: Breadmaker, Jewish
   Servings: 12
          -1 1/2 lb loaf
  1 1/2 ts Active dry yeast
  1 1/2 ts Gluten
      3 c  Whole wheat flour
      2 ts Salt
      3 tb Honey
      1 c  -warm water

----------------------------NUTRITIONAL
ANALYSIS----------------------------
   1437    *Total calories
     54    *Total protein
      7    *Total fat
      1    *Total saturated fat
           *Total cholesterol
   4269    *Total sodium
     45    *Total fibre
      4    *Caloris from fat
    313    *Total carbohydrates

  If you don't like making bagels but want the texture of bagels with
the
  low-fat nutritional benefits; try this bread. It tastes like a bagel
and is
  especially good sliced and toasted.

  There is one note for the Panasonic/National machines and that is to
use 3
  tsp yeast for 1 1/2 lb loaf.  I believe that this is for the older
  Panasonics as I do remember Linda Rehberg saying that the newer models
came
  out after their book was published and that the yeast amounts in her
book
  were not for the newer Panasonics. Upon re-reading I found I missed
one
  thing. I did add a few more tsps of water as the dough ball was not
forming
  to my liking.  Let me know if you make this and how you like it.

  Great Bread Machine Recipes Norman A. Garrett Ann/New London,Ct. **
  10/20/92 19:42 Formatted by Elaine Radis
kwhoney honey