using KitchenAid for Bread

"Phyllis Tesch" <patesch@execpc.com>
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 16:07:02 -0600
v099.n062.19
I have been lurking for months.  It's a great group.  But now I have a
question.

I recently bought a KA5ss (325 watts, 5 qt bowl) especially to make bread
(the bread machine didn't handle the rye bread recipes I was anxious to try).

When I mentioned the KA to some friends, someone asked if I would stop using
bread flour.  The thought was that bread flour is for bread machines and I
should use regular all-purpose flour in the KA.  It doesn't help that the KA
book that came with the machine has bread recipes with all-purpose flour.
But the new KA book recipes are almost word for word the same as recipes in
a much older book I have for an old KA 4c (1977).

In the recent past I made bread in the cuisinart and (infrequently) by hand
and always used bread flour.

Any thoughts about bread flour vs all-purpose flour?