Oster Expressbake machine

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 17:16:01 -0800
v099.n064.19
Well, I have tried the Oster expressbake machine and it does a  pretty
good job.  I tried both mixes and  my own recipes 1 1/2 and 2 pound
loaves.   I did not try the dough setting or the whole wheat setting.
I did make a loaft of whole wheat on the 80 minute setting.  I am
pleased with all the loaves, none had to be tossed out. (Something that
has happened in the past with other machines).

You do have to use rapidrise yeast if you use the 58 minute or 80 minute
Expressbake settings (so if you are using one of the packaged mixes you
don't use the packet of yeast that is included.
The bread does not rise as much on these setting, however I like a
denser loaf when I am making a fruited bread and the crust is what I
like, a bit thicker and more like a rustic European loaf.

The other settings are Basic, - 3 hours; French, - 3 hours, 50 minutes;
Sweet, - 2 hours 50 minutes;
Whole Wheat, - 3 hours 40 minutes;  Dough/Pasta (1 hour, 30 minutes)
prepares dough for rolls, specialty breads, pizza, for hand-shaping.
and  Bake ( 1 hour)   this setting for making jams.

For the price ($60.00) this is a great deal.

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player
asenji@earthlink.net    So. Calif. USA   "In the face of adversity, be