New Years Parmesan Cheese Bread

ptj <gypsy-witch@rocketmail.com>
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 11:56:32 -0800 (PST)
v100.n001.25
I was torn between two desires when it came to what I would be doing at
the stroke of midnight New Years Eve. I wanted to be baking and I also
wanted to be chatting with a friend online. (There were practical
reasons for this, not just a desire to catch up on gossip...yeah, yeah,
that's an excuse....<grin>) Since there is a flight of stairs between
the kitchen and the computer, I decided to do both by letting my bread
machine help.

I then decided to declare the bread in the machine (my first bread of
the millenium) an omen of the coming century. I made up the recipe on
the spot and I'm glad to say it rose just perfectly, turned just the
right shade of beige, and while some might find the strong herb and
cheese flavoring annoying in a sandwich bread, as the basis for toasted
provelone cheese it is superb!

Blessings and happy new year to all!

gypsy

NEW YEARS PARMESAN CHEESE BREAD
(2 lb loaf)

1 1/2 C water
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 Tb sugar
1 Tb mixed Italian herbs (dried)
1 Tb granulated garlic
3/4 C shredded parmesan cheese (preferably fresh, not from a shaker)
4 C unbleached white bread flour
2 scant tsp active dry yeast

Use regular white setting.

=====
Visit Hearthstone Community Church on the Web at
http://www.cats-cradle.com/hearthstone/index.html

"For dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return"--betwixt and between, a drink comes in handy. (Yiddish proverb)