Quick baking cycle

Corinaesq@aol.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:53:13 EST
v100.n004.10
Someone asked about experiences with the quick baking cycle on their bread
machines.  I have a factory reconditioned Toastmaster Corner Bakery bread
machine that has the quick baking cycle (just under 2 hours), and my bread
has turned out fantastic.  I have only tried white and French bread, and
the recipe book that comes with the machine does not indicate that you
can't make whole grain breads this way, but it also doesn't have any
recipes for whole grain breads using the quick baking cycle!  I wouldn't
recommend baking anything but white or white/wheat breads on this cycle,
and even the Toastmaster recipe book suggests 30 to 50% more yeast for this
cycle.  By the way, this is my second Toastmaster (I still have my first,
and I use it!), and both machines make fresh homemade butter!  The Corner
Bakery machine also makes quick breads, but I haven't tried that feature
yet.  I bought both through a mail order catalog called Damark, and they
have a web-site that has great deals on all kinds of things.  My first
Toastmaster works great to this day despite having fallen off the counter
onto the kitchen floor during the kneading stage (my husband didn't put
enough water in the dough!), and I've had it for 3 or 4 years.

Anyone out there with a recipe for rye sourdough starter that's really good
and sour (and makes a chewy loaf), please write.

Thanks!
Corina