Amoroso Rolls

Bill and Melissa Firman <mbfirm@voicenet.com>
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:02:43 -0500
v100.n006.7
Oh, finally a bread question I can answer!  :)  Yes, it is indeed Amoroso
rolls.  As a Philly-area resident for my entire life, I agree with Joni's
friend wholeheartedly.  They're great with Philly cheesesteaks (which is
one of the few foods I miss after becoming vegetarian.)  They are sold in
supermarkets throughout the area, and baked locally.  I think Amoroso is
the name of the family who runs the bakery, although I'm not sure about
that.  Alas, I don't have a recipe for these rolls.  But they are good though!

I think there is a company that specializes in Philly-area products and can
ship them anywhere quickly.  Can't remember the name though.  You can try
doing a website search and see if that yields anything.

Melissa ... who is phreezing in Philly this weekend with temps in the teens
and below.