Yeast for sweet doughs

Paul and Ruth Provance <prmtprovance@erols.com>
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:27:28 -0500
v100.n006.17
<<my only complaint is that Fleishman's doesn't seem to work well on sweet
doughs esp. made w/ honey.>>

I recently tried the Fermipan Brown label yeast from the King Arthur
Catalog.  It was advertised as being especially for sweet doughs.  I tried
it in my Christmas Stollen recipe, and it actually rose and got puffy and
everything!  I was amazed.  I usually have to wait for hours to see any
activity in that dough.  I also tried this yeast in my daily bread and it
worked just fine.  I plan to have it on hand, at least when baking the
stollen.  The price is comparable to the other yeasts in the catalog.

Keep Baking!

Ruth