Petit Pain Au Lait

"Jazzbel" <jazzbel@grouper.batelnet.bs>
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:49:55 -0500
v100.n006.18
Since Santa bought me a precision kitchen scale, I am free to use the
recipes in my european cookbooks.
The following rolls turned out excellent yesterday.
To make Pain au chocolate, break a 14 oz. piece of chocolate into 16 pieces
and place in the middle of the rolls.

                      *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                             Petit Pain Au Lait

Recipe By     : Adapted to ABM from The Complete Bread Book-Gail Duff
Categories    :
    1      Tbsp          Dried Active Yeast
    8      Oz            Scalded Milk
    1      Lb            Bread Flour
    1      Tsp           Salt
    1 1/2  Oz            Sugar
    1                    Egg
    2      Oz            Butter

                         Glaze(Optional)
    1      Oz            Sugar
    2      Tbsp          milk

Use the dough cycle.
Divide dough into 16 pieces, shape into rolls and bake at 375F for 20-25
minutes.
Use thermometer to check doneness.

If desired glaze the warm buns with sugar and milk.

Later,
Jazzbel

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch".
--James Beard.