Cinnamon rolls

Jjnjjacobs@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 05:24:59 EST
v100.n011.8
Now, for helping me to maintain these hips of mine......Does anyone out there
make an outstanding Cinnamon Roll they would share with me???

I think I have the bread dough recipe-part down O.K.... the recipe I use
always rises well, has good texture, and tastes good.  But it's the "innards"
I can't quite get right.  I would like to have the rolls turn out very moist,
almost juicy, and big and soft; mine seem to be somewhat dry and small.  Even
drizzling them with icing doesn't quite do the trick.

The mixture I've been trying (sprinkling it over the rolled out, 12" x 18"
piece of dough) varies from using about a cup of white sugar mixed with 1-2
Tablespoons of cinnamon, to using a COMBINATION of white sugar, brown sugar,
and cinnamon.  I don't always use the whole cup of sugar, I just sprinkle it
on until it looks like it's enough to cover the entire top of the dough
sufficiently.  I then proceed as usual directions say:  roll up the dough
(starting from the "long" side), pinch it closed, slice about 3/4 to 1"
thick, and bake with slices / sides touching in a cake or jelly roll pan.

One of our popular local restaurants uses some mini-marshmallows in their
sugar / cinnamon mixture:  when I tried that, turned out a pretty good roll.
The marshmallows melted and were quite tasty......but something is still not
quite right.  If I just make them bigger, or thicker, won't I have trouble
getting them done?

Sure would appreciate your help,

 From Jeanette-who-wishes-she-would-have-written-in-time-for-the-Super-Bowl.