Blodgett Oven

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:41:23 -0800
v100.n015.18
I am sorry, but I lost the post from the person who wrote privately asking
about the Blodgett oven I have.
It is a commercial oven built into a wall (it requires extra heat shielding
because of the high temps it produces).  It has 2 vertical doors which open
together, that is, if you open one the other one opens at the same
time.  There is no oven door to reach across so you can get right up to it
with a heavy pan -It takes the full size commercial sheet pans and has 4
shelves. It has a fan in the back so it is convection.  It can be cranked
up to 700 degrees though I have never turned it up all the way.  They are
costly but I
got mine thru a friend who was demolishing a test-kitchen at a TV station
and bought it as a "salvage" item even though it had only been used for
less than a year.  The installation cost more than the oven. It is great
for bread baking or anything else - and it is actually more energy
efficient than my old  double gas ovens.  And it is much better insulated.

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON
Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player