The Oster Rapid bake machine

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:33:10 -0800
v100.n015.21
I have now been experimenting with this machine for a couple of months and
am very pleased with it as long as one knows the limitations.
It does not produce a  dark brown top crust normally, but I brush the top
with milk just as the baking cycle starts and it comes out quite nice.
The 58 minute cycle doesn't work except for quick breads. However the
80  minute cycle produces a fairly dense fine crumb which is ideal for
making melba toast.  The first time I have ever been able to get something
like this from a bread machine.  I used the package mixes 13 or 14 oz and
used TWO but only 1  1/2  packets of yeast.  This superfine crumb means I
can slice this loaf in less than 1/4 inch slices - perfect for melba toast
which I usually have to bake in a pullman pan or cylinder pan to restrict
the rise and get the very fine crumb. The longer cycles work nearly as well
as the other machines I have except for the Zo which produces a superior
product.   I have used it for all types of breads with all types of
additives and  for the price (under $60.00 at Price-CostCo)  this is a good
buy.

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON
Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player