Fw: stuff for list

"Fredericka S Cohen" <COHENFS@prodigy.net>
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:07:42 -0500
v100.n021.21
A contributor mentioned adding barley malt syrup for flavor to whole wheat
bread but did not give quantities. If he will give quantities, I will tell
him he will have no problem emptying his measuring instrument if he "Pams"
it first!

Dick Carlton referred to a great bread recipe in The Village Baker but never
said which one! I know Amazon.com carries it because that is where my gift
book came from!

Also he....and others...mentioned proofing boxes. Forget those pricey
acrylic things and check some plastic storage boxes from the discount store.
Right there at the store, take 2 or 3 bread pans and find the appropriate
size box. Find your corner at home to put your  pans of dough, cover with
the box, and set the kitchen timer. If you want to be fancy, throw a bath
towel over it. If you want to hurry it, lay a heating pad on top.

Catalogues also list  measured rising buckets at ridiculous prices. Get a
paint bucket at the hardware store and top with plastic wrap.

Thanks for all the great info I have gotten from the list.