Quick Mist Sprayers and Tahitian Vanilla at Williams-Sonoma

"Judy Mayberry" <mayberry@san.rr.com>
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:16:58 -0800
v100.n021.22
I can pass on my own experience with the (San Diego) Williams-Sonoma Quick
Mist sprayers. I bought a stainless steel one for olive oil and loved the
fact that for the 20 up-and-down pumps required, the spray lasted a good
long while. I went back to get one for canola oil. Now they had them in
translucent plastic as well as the steel for the same price and the
mechanism appeared identical, so I got the plastic one to tell them apart.
The spray from the plastic one was very short-lived, quickly petering out
into a stream of oil. I figured it was defective and went back to exchange
it for another one, and the very same thing happened again! Next I
exchanged it for a stainless steel one, and I am again completely
satisfied. There is a difference between the two! (They have packs of
printed stick-on ingredient labels that go with the sprayers, but they are
under the counter and you have to ask for them.)

Just last week I found Neilsen-Massey Tahitiian Vanilla Extract at the same
store, but be warned it is $24 for an 8-ounce bottle.