preference of machines

SloSherri@aol.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:59:57 EST
v100.n021.23
In a message dated 02/26/2000 1:32:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com writes:

>Hope my long ramblings have been helpful. Sometime I will write and tell my
>reasons for preferring the Cuisinart to a Kitchen Aid for bread making. I
>do use my Kitchen Aid, just not for bread making, and perhaps give a recipe
>or so.

Gloria,

What a great, informative post!  I really enjoyed your comments.  I by no
means have your experience, but have also used weight as the most reliable
(and fast) way of measuring baking ingredients.  Last month's issue of Cook's
Illustrated rated different electronic scales.  I use one purchased from King
Arthur, and while it didn't get especially high ratings from CI, it still
does a fine job.  It has a tare function that permits me to zero out the
scale between additions, and it also can measure by grams, which I find handy
when weighing my parrot, LOL.

I also gave up using my Kitchen Aid mixer in bread recipes, although I like
it fine for other projects.  I still have not tried assembling baked goods
using a Cuisinart.  Would you be willing to post something along those lines?

Thanks again for your post.  I enjoyed it greatly.

Sherri