Sweet Bread

Dimity@aol.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:57:17 EST
v100.n024.9
I've been baking a sweet bread in my Welbilt bread machine for a couple of
months and been disappointed that it fell quite a bit.  Experimenting with
new yeast didn't help, but cutting down the water gave me wonderful success
with a nicely risen loaf of bread that didn't fall during the baking cycle.

The question?  It tasted a lot better when it fell 1/3 of the way down the
pan.  Now, I'll make it with more water, so it continues to fall and my
family will enjoy the taste again, but can anybody explain to me why it
tastes so differently,  just by eliminating 2 tablespoons of water?

Btw, the texture is obviously much denser too.

TIA,

Diane - who was so proud it didn't fall, and disappointed my family didn't
like it
Dimity@aol.com