Do you knead with food processor?

"Scullery Maid" <scullerymaid@hotmail.com>
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:39:36 CST
v100.n027.12
I appreciated Gloria Martin's instructions for kneading dough in a
Cuisinart.  I'm thinking of buying a new food processor, and I'd like to
hear what brands and models others have used successfully for kneading
dough.  I had a Cuisinart, and several times the main stem swelled up and it
cost a lot to repair.  Ten years ago I switched to a KitchenAid food
processor, which I love.  Problem is, I've broken so many plastic dough
blades that they've cost me more that the price of the machine (no joke).  I
don't know why the blades keep breaking -- I use tried and true recipes.
The new KA processor looks powerful and easy to clean, and I prefer its
simple chute.  I make only one loaf at a time, so big capacity is not a
factor, although I hear that both sizes of KA can handle only 3 cups flour
at a time.  Hope to hear from all of you with pros and cons.  Thanks a lot.

Mary B.