Recipe from lora brody

Blanche007@aol.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:48:24 EST
v100.n029.11
In a message dated 3/18/00 7:52:32 AM, Barbara writes:

<<
   I just had a really good Mediterranean pizza made on a "herbed sourdough
crust".  This was almost like a French bread, holey and light on the
inside,  not tough like so many sourdoughs.  If anyone knows anything about
this bread-like crust, I'd sure like the recipe to make it at home.
Thanks
Barbara

Sourdough Herbed Pizza Crust:
(I'll be happy to send samples of my enhancers - just email me with your
addresses)

3 cups all purpose unbleached white flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons salt
1 heaping tablespoon mixed herbs de Provance (combination dried basil, thyme,
tarragon, lavender, rosemary and sage)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 -2 rounded tablespoons Lora Brody Sourdough Enhancer - depending on how
sour you want the crust)
3 rounded tablespoons Lora Brody Dough Relaxer
1/3 cup olive oil
12-14 ounces water to make an extremely slack ball of dough after the first
3-4 minutes of kneading.

The wetter the dough the more holes you'll have - oven temperature is
important as well - you need a hot oven to quickly turn the water into
steam which forces the dough apart creating the bubbles. Prepare the dough
either in a bread machine programmed for dough cycle, a food processor
fitted with a plastic blade or stand mixer fitted with the dough
hook.  Allow one full rise.  Gently deflate the dough and roll or stretch
it to fill the pan.  If you want thin crust pizza, divide the dough in two
pieces and roll out on the bottom (underside) of two heavy duty jelly roll
pans  (a.k.a. half sheet pans).  Roll very thin, add your topping and bake
immediately in a preheated 450F oven for 14-16 minutes or until brown and
crusty.  For a thick crust pizza, roll the full recipe of dough and allow
it to rise until desired thickness, top and bake at 425F for 20-25 minutes.