Substitute olive oil for butter

Joyce L Owen <jowen@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:43:18 -0800
v100.n031.17
Carolyn asked if you can always replace the butter in a bread recipe
with olive oil.  I started doing this two years ago.  It works fine.
I use extra light olive oil,so the flavor won't conflict with other
ingredients.
Joyce

 >Hi, I have lurked for over a year and have had most my
 >questions answered. I have a Breadman Plus and find it
 >to be fine for us. My question that I have is, can you
 >always replace the vegetable oil or margarine in
 >recipes and use Olive oil instead? For health reasons
 >I'd like to be able to use this oil.  Thanks for
 >comments in advance.

Joyce L. Owen           <mailto:jowen@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Eugene OR
A town that we call by its first name.