La Cloche

Lynn E Cragholm <lest2@juno.com>
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:56:10 -0900
v100.n031.22
Bob:

I apologize for being slow to answer your request about using a stoneware
La  Cloche baker.   I purchased one and was disappointed that the
accompanying instructions were sparse.  Nonetheless, I have experimented
with it, and find that I like it a lot for baking round loaves of bread.
I set my oven at  450 degrees, bake the bread in the La Cloche on the
lowest oven shelf for 10 minutes, then turn the oven temperature down to
400 degrees, bake the loaf another 10 minutes, then remove the cover and
bake another few minutes until  golden brown (approximately 7-8 more
minutes--time will vary re type of bread, of course).

I also have a baguette stoneware baker, and like it, but have had to
experiment on my own with that, too.

I recently ordered a Superstone Cookbook, Item No. 6881, for $7.95 plus
S&H from Chef's catalog, phone 1-800-338-3232, which has yet to arrive in
the mail.  I'm hoping, of course, that this book will provide me with
much needed information for continued use of my two stoneware bakers.

Lynn Cragholm
Anchorage, AK

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.