Looking for pan de Monay

"Joan Ross" <rosskat@pipeline.com>
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:47:53 -0400
v100.n031.23
I want to thank Nini from the Philippines for her great bread and roll
recipes.

I am hoping she will read this. I am searching for a recipe which is called
pan de monay, a Philippine sweet bread.
Hoping someone has the recipe and can post or email it for me.

Here is another of mine for your enjoyment.

Whole Wheat Muffins
1/2 cup white flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups milk
4 tbs melted shortening

Sift together all dry ingredients. Combine all wet ingredients. Combine  both
mixtures as one would do for muffins but don't overblend. Place into greased
muffin pans about 2/3 full. Bake 400F about 25 minutes or tested done. About
12 muffins.Note: for variations one may add 1/2 cup chopped dates, raisins,
prunes etc.

Whole Wheat Popovers
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 tsp melted shortening

Heat greased muffin tins in a 450F oven. Sift flours and salt together. Add
milk, eggs and melted shortening, beating until batter is light and smooth.
Fill the hot muffin tins 1/3 to 1/2 full and place in the hot oven for 15
minutes. Then reduce heat to 350F and bake about 25 minutes to finish
baking. About 10 to 12 medium size.serve at once!

Visit our web page: personal as well as fabulous baking & culinary topics
http://www.pipeline.com/~rosskat/