new cookbook suggestion

Erin Nesmith <enesmith@earthlink.net>
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:49:01 -0500
v100.n035.26
Hello,

I wanted to pass along the details of my new favorite bread cookbook.
It's "Breaking Bread with Father Dominic".  It's the companion volume to
the PBS cooking series if the same name.  I saw a few episodes before
BOTH my local PBS stations changed their lineups and I can't find it any
more, but the show was great too and certainly worth watching.

Father Dominic is a Benedictine monk who likes to bake.  I found both
the show and the cookbook to be informative and interesting, and the
recipes I have tried so far have turned out well.  There are a couple of
things I really like about the cookbook:  it's got a concealed spiral
binding on the spine, so it stays open for you.  It's well written and
entertaining to read.  He also lists both a by-hand and a bread machine
version for many of the recipes, and the bread machine version has been
appropriately scaled to the capacity of most bread machines.  I really
like that feature, as I came to bread baking through my bread machine,
and now I'm expanding my hand baking skills.

You can get more info at the website, www.breaking-bread.com
There are also a few of the recipes posted there if  you wanted to try
before you buy.

Erin in Washington