More on my KitchenAid Mixer

Paul and Ruth Provance <prmtprovance@erols.com>
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:25:18 -0400
v100.n038.15
Granted, my mixer is old enough to have been made by Hobart, so what I
have observed may not be true of the newer, Whirlpool made mixers.

I make bread with this mixer (250 watt, 4 qt. bowl, tilting head)
several times per month, and pizza just about every week.  I have been
known to mix up five batches of dough in a row, without letting the
mixer cool off much between batches.  It has never overheated for me.
Yes, the dough does occasionally climb up the dough hook, but that is
when I over load the bowl.  I also have the problem with the bowl being
"torqued" onto the base when mixing dough.  My old bowl doesn't have a
handle, so I just have to brace the mixer against the wall, grab the
bowl by the top rim, and muscle it off the base.  As long as my strength
holds out, or my husband's, I should be okay.

Do I love my Kitchen Aid?  Yes.  Am I happy with the way it handles
bread dough?  Yes.  Would I buy an automatic bread machine?  Probably
not.  I have my KitchenAid!
Would I buy a Bosch or Magic Mill?  Maybe . . . if I had the counter
space and disposable income.  Until then, I love my KitchenAid.

I will stop now.  At least until the subject comes up on the board
again.

Ruth
(Happily baking bread)