Black Forest Bread Mix

"Jack Hill" <starb@earthlink.net>
Wed, 3 May 2000 13:31:44 -0500
v100.n040.10
I have a challenge/request for all the "pros" I've been reading on this
list.  I've been buying a bread mix at a bulk food store (everything sold
out of large bins)for over a year.  This store is a 3-hour drive from me, so
you know it is a good bread.  I finally found out the ingredients and was
wondering if someone could tell me in what proportions to use them to make
my own bread mix.  I would like to make a 2-lb. loaf with my bread machine.
This is a very dense bread.  The ingredients in order given are:  rye flour,
wheat flour, crushed rye, crushed wheat, rye sour, salt, and malt.  To this
mix, I am supposed to add the yeast and water.  I have taken it upon myself
to add vital wheat gluten to help ease the slicing.

You can answer to the list or e-mail me directly at:  starb@earthlink.net
Thank you for your help.

Star in Indiana