rye bread

"Griffin Software" <gunks33@hotmail.com>
Sun, 14 May 2000 08:36:02 -0700
v100.n042.9
Audrey asked for a rye bread recipe.  I to live in an area where you can not
buy rye bread (Mexico).  This is the a great sandwich bread, great for
reubens, and just plain ole ham sandwiches.  It's for the ABM.

Sandwich Rye Bread

I have made many loafs of Rye bread and never one that I liked.  Lately
King Arthur flour www.kingarthurflour.com has came out with 4 or 5 new
products for making rye bread.  So I figured I would try again.  I took a
recipe out of their catalog and changed it slightly to coincide with what I
had on hand.   The bread came out truly wonderful.  It was good as a stand
alone and made fantastic ham sandwiches.  The KA in the ingredients stands
for King Arthur.   You must purchase these two ingredients from them.

2  1/4 tsp.  Yeast
3  cups Bread Flour
1  cup KA Rye Blend Flour
2 Tbls KA Rye bread Improver
1  Tbls Gluten
2  Tbls Molasses
1 1/4 cups water
2  Tbs Dried minced Onion
1   Tbls whole caraway seeds
2   teas Salt
2   Tbls Olive Oil

Place all the ingredients in the pan of your bread machine in the order
listed by the manufacture.  Program for basic bread and press start.
Check the dough after a few minutes and make sure it is firm and slightly
sticky.  If not add flour or water to fix the problem.