Za'atar

"Chris Dalrymple" <chrisdd@bellsouth.net>
Sat, 27 May 2000 07:34:55 -0500
v100.n045.11
Thanks for the recipe, Joni....looks great. Here are 2 recipes for za'atar.
The second recipe is for za'atar green...add a bit of sumac for regular, or
brown, za'atar. You can order the blends on-line at caravanspice.com,
members.xoom.com/medfoods/spices.html, penzeys.com, the spicehouse.com.

2 tsp ground oregano
2 T ground thyme
2 tsp whole dried oregano
2 tsp ground savory
2 tsp ground marjoram
1/2 tsp whole leaf dried marjoram
1 T sumac (optional)
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
zest 2 lemons finely minced
Blend together both oreganos, both thymes, savory, marjoram, sumac, sesame
seeds, salt and lemon zest.

Blend together 2 heaped tsp dried thyme, 1 heaped tsp dried marjoram and 3 T
sesame seeds