Excess Moisture

Jesse Wasserman <jesswass@bellsouth.net>
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:43:54 -0400
v100.n052.11
Can anyone explain why whenever I follow a bread recipe some how the dough
always becomes slack and I have to add more flour than the recipe calls
for. I know that Florida is very humid but I cant believe that is the
cause?? I just finished  a recipe for a sourdough oatmeal bread from
Bernard Clayton's book and instead of 5-6 cups of flour I had to add well
over 7 cups. Fortunately the breads turned out well but I ended up with 4
breads instead of 3. Would appreciate any bit of advise or suggestions.