Re: Digest bread-bakers.v100.n051

Blanche007@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:24:34 EDT
v100.n052.19
In a message dated 7/15/00 7:10:24 AM, bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com
writes:

<< I'd like some advice on the proper internal temperature for bread when
baking in the oven.  I am never sure if it is completely done inside &
often wind up either over or under baking.  I have a instant read
thermometer & would like to know what temperature bread should be to be done.

Thanks
Barbara  >>

 From Lora Brody:
Between 190 and 200 degrees F.

To the person who asked about the Grain Master Whisper mill.

I have been grinding my own flour for several years.  I use a Braun Coffee
Mill which does an excellent job for me (but it cannot be used for anything
else).  The cost, on sale, was less than $20.00.  I only grind what I need
each time I make bread and it serves my family of two just fine.  I
recommend what I use for anyone who does not have $300.00 to spend.

 From Lora Brody:
Yes, that's a terrific and inexpensive solution.  Just make sure to either
hide it or put a sign on it warning people not to use it to grind coffee -
once you get the oil form the coffee beans into the grinder there's nothing
that can take it out.  I know this from sad experience.