Kitchen Aid

Alexgejp@aol.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:50:45 EDT
v100.n058.12
In the August 11 digest, Bob Dempsey was debating whether to go with another
Kitchen Aid mixer and I wanted to add my two cents worth.  Bob, I have had my
5 qt. 325W Kitchen Aid K5M5 Proline mixer for approx. 10 years and have never
had a moment's problem with it.  During several of these years, I made at
least one double recipe (six cups of flour) and sometimes two every day.  My
mixer has never failed me (even with the heaviest cookie dough).  When you
say "double recipe" do you mean making two loaves or four?  My 325W handles a
six-cup, two-loaf recipe with no problem, but I'm still envious that you are
considering a 525W.  It does an excellent job on one loaf, and, no, the
paddle and dough hook do not "beat the air," but does the same job on one
loaf as on two.  I'm curious about your mixers losing the slow speeds and I
hope mine never does.  My speeds go from 2 - 10), but I use 2 for all bread
mixing and kneading.  In fact, I love my Kitchen Aid so much, I recently
refused a Zo bread machine that my husband wanted to buy for me.  I consider
my Kitchen Aid the ULTIMATE bread machine!  It also has many other wonderful
attachments, such as the meat grinder as we have ground our own hamburger for
about 27 years.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase and Happy baking!

Joy