Light 10 Grain Loaf

alexandra mahoney <alexmotown@prodigy.net>
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
v100.n062.10
Here is a good loaf for the bread machine (or not) that my toddlers love.
It is a good way to get little people to accept the look of grains and such
in their bread.  The recipe, adapted from my bread machine cookbook, uses
King Arthur's tasty 10-Grain Baking Blend, though I imagine any similar
10-Grain cereal blend found in a local health food store would work (The KA
Blend does not look like breakfast cereal -- flakes are all tiny, about the
size of an oatmeal flake broken in half or smaller).

HONEY 10-GRAIN BREAD

7 1/2 ounces water
3 T honey
2 C bread flour
1 C King Arthur 10-Grain Baking Blend
1 1/2 T dry milk
1 1/4 t salt
1 1/2 T butter or margarine
1 1/2 t rapid rise yeast

Mix in bread machine or by hand.  Bake in machine or oven, as desired.