Reply to Scullery Maid about new Cuisinart food processor

"Judy Mayberry" <mayberry@san.rr.com>
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:17:05 -0700
v100.n067.14
I hafta tell you--I've been thinking about getting the 14-cup Cuisinart
food processor for a long time. I have the 11-cup KitchenAid and it is very
quiet and does a great job, except in one very annoying respect. The stubby
shaft/handle on the chopping blade (NOT the handle on the dough blade) has
perforations on the top, so that liquids and flour fall through it during
processing and you end up with leaked stuff on the spindle when you remove
the work bowl. Very messy.

I ran with your mention of the NY Times article and read it. She was very
admiring of the slower dough speed button not only for dough but for better
nut chopping. So I took an expired "Bed, Bath & Beyond 20% Off" coupon to
the store and lo! they honored it. I haven't gotten any farther than
washing out all the parts, but I did watch the 30-minute video, and the
bread portion of it (pizza and baguettes) was demonstrated by Charles Van
Over. He artfully omits showing HOW he slid the pizza from the peel to the
oven stone, which gave me quite a laugh, since that's the hardest thing
about it. Anyway, the machine looks awesome! About the NY Times article
(www.nytimes.com), be advised that after the week is over, it goes into
archives and costs $2.50 to see. I was lucky I caught it while still online.