getting the pizza off the peel

Nifcon@aol.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 02:53:42 EST
v100.n069.10
I use a similar technique to Barbara Schmitt but I use 12 inch circles (the
size and shape of my pizza stones) cut from a sheet of  teflon impregnated
cloth called 'Magic Carpet' or 'Bake-o-Glide' - even less sticky than
parchment paper and very much stronger and not subject to tearing and
wrinkling when the pizza is being rolled or stretched to shape (though that
problem may be due to my heavy handed rolling technique). The method of using
baking parchment to manipulate slack or thinly rolled doughs is not, of
course original to me - I came across it in Carol Fields' book 'The Italian
Baker' and am eternally grateful for the idea.

John Wright
Yorkshire, England