recipes for Breadman Ultimate

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 20:58:49 -0800
v100.n070.1
                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Easy French Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : Breadman
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                           Daily-Bread Mailing List
                  Eat-Lf Mailing List              Low Fat

                          2 Lb Loaf: -- (1 1/2 Lb Loaf):
     1 1/3  C             Water -- (1 C + 2 Tbsp)
     2      Tbsp          Olive Oil -- (1 Tbsp)
     1 1/2  Tsp           Salt -- (1 Tsp)
     2      Tbsp          Sugar -- (1 1/4 Tbsp)
     4      C             White Bread Flour -- (3 1/4 C)
     1 1/2  Tsp           Active Dry Yeast -- (1 1/4 Tsp)

Reggie Note: Conversion of 1 1/4 Tbsp = 1 Tbsp + 3/4 tsp)

Put all ingredients into the baking pan of your particular machine in the
order recommended by the machine manufacturer's directions.  Select the
crust color your prefer (I chose light) and push "Start".

This turned out wonderful!!  Taste, aroma, texture were very nice.

We also made this using the time delay and it was very nice to wake up to
the aroma of freshly baked bread.  We used the programmable setting adding
5 min onto the preheat and 5 min to the first rise.  It was perfect!!

Again we made this using the pause feature ... to add basil and ground
rosemary. It was again a totally different loaf, but the texture, flavor
and aroma were heavenly.

Tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                    French Cornmeal Bread <R T> *Modified

Recipe By     : Breadman
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                           Daily-Bread Mailing List
                  Eat-Lf Mailing List              Low Fat

                          2 Lb Loaf:
     1 1/3  C             Water
     2      Tbsp          Olive Oil
     1 1/2  Tsp           Salt
     2      Tbsp          Sugar
     3 1/2  C             White Bread Flour
       1/2  C             Medium-Grind Cornmeal
     1 1/2  Tsp           Active Dry Yeast

Put all ingredients into the baking pan of your particular machine in the
order recommended by the machine manufacturer's directions.  Select the
crust color your prefer (I chose light) and push "Start".

We used the delay time setting and awoke to the incredible aroma of fresh
bread baking.  What a special treat to have this bread in the morning.  It
was excellent with a very good texture and nice crunchies that both Jeff
and I love.  It is very good toasted and plain ... did try it toasted with
margarine but I wasn't too fond of it that way.  I like the taste of bread
plain or toasted and plain.  I am not too fond of added flavors messing up
the wonderful flavor of bread.

Tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 435 0

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                   Light Whole Wheat Bread <R T> *Modified

Recipe By     : Breadman
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                           Daily-Bread Mailing List
                  Eat-Lf Mailing List              Low Fat

                          2 Lb Loaf: -- (1 1/2 Lb Loaf):
     1 1/4  C             Water -- (1 C + 2 Tbsp)
     3      Tbsp          Oil -- (2 Tbsp)
     2 1/8  Tbsp          Salt -- Note 1
     4      Tbsp          Brown Sugar -- (3 Tbsp.)
     3      Tbsp          Dry Milk Powder -- (2 Tbsp)
                          (I Omitted Dry Milk Powder)
     3 1/3  C             Whole Wheat Bread Flour -- Note 2
     1      C             White Bread Flour
     4      Tsp           Active Dry Yeast -- Note 3

Note 1: Original recipe used 2 tsp salt for 2 lb loaf and 1 1/2 tsp salt
for 1 1/2 lb loaf.
Note 2: Original recipe used 4 1/3 C whole wheat flour for 2 lb loaf and 3
1/4 C whole wheat bread flour for the original Whole Wheat Bread.  There is
a note that appears in the recipe that states "For best results, when not
using Bread Flour, we recommend adding Gluten to the recipe.  Add 1/3 C of
Gluten to a 2 lb recipe.  If whole wheat flour is stone ground, you may
need to add 1/2 C of Gluten, or more"
Note 3: Original recipe used 4 1/2 tsp active dry yeast for 2 lb loaf and 1
1/4 tsp for 1 1/2 lb loaf.

Put all ingredients into the baking pan of your machine according to your
particular bread machine manufacturer's instructions.  Push "Start" (and I
used light crust setting).

This was a very nicely textured, flavored and aromatic loaf of bread.  The
rise was perfect.

Tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 3173 0 26175 0 0

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Peach-Raisin Jam <R T>

Recipe By     : Breadman
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Daily-Bread Mailing List         Fruits
                  Jams/Jellies                     Eat-Lf Mailing List

     1 1/2  C             Peaches -- Note 1
     1 1/4  C             White Sugar -- Plus
     3      Tbsp          White Sugar
     2      Tbsp          Golden Raisins -- Note 2
     1      Tbsp          Brown Sugar
     2      Whole         Cloves
       1/8  Tsp           Ground Allspice

Note 1: Original recipe stated to use ripe, pitted peaches.  I used frozen
without sugar added peaches that I defrosted and drained off any water.
Note 2: Original recipe stated that the golden raisins were supposed to be
soaked but it didn't state what to soak them in or how long.  I soaked them
in 1/4 C Chardonnay for about 10 min then drained off the extra Chardonnay.

With Kneading Blade in position, add the crushed fruit to the Baking Pan.

Add the rest of the called for ingredeints.

Insert Baking Pan into the Breadman.

Close Lid

Press "Select" button until Jam cycle is chosen.

Press "Start"

The Breadman will pre-heat for 10 min before any movement occurs in the
pan.  After pre-heating, the jam will be heated and mixed for approx 60
min.   The entire cycle take 1:20 min in which 10 min is the cool-down cycle.

The Breadman will beep when the cycle is complete.

Press "Reset" and remove the Pan, MAKING SURE TO WEAR OVEN MITTS.

Pour the hot jam into a refrigerator/freezer-safe container, leaving 1/2"
of space at the top.

Cover tightly to store.

Jam will thicken upon cooling and storage.

Note: Fruit and sugar should be weighed on a small kitchen or postal
scale.  1 1/2 C of fruit or white sugar weighs 12 oz.

For Best Results:
Do not reduce sugar or use sugar substitutes.  The exact amounts of sugar,
fruit, and pectin are necessary for a good set.

Use only ripe fruit (not overripe or underripe) for best flavor.

Do not puree fruit.  Crush with a potato masher or food processor.  Jam
should have bits of fruit in it.

Recipes should not exceed 3 1/2 C

Be sure to measure fruit after it has been crushed, not before.

Remove stems, seeds or pits from fruit before crushing.

This is very, very good!!  Quite tasty and very easy to make.

Tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 1440 1440 0 0 0 0

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              White Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : Breadman
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                           Daily-Bread Mailing List
                  Low Fat                          Eat-Lf Mailing List

                          2 Lb Loaf: -- (1 1/2 Lb Loaf):
     1 1/4  C             Water -- Plus (1C+2 Tbsp)
     2      Tbsp          Water
     2      Tbsp          Canola Oil -- (2 Tbsp)
     2      Tsp           Salt -- (1 1/2 Tsp)
     3      Tbsp          Sugar -- (2 Tbsp)
     2      Tbsp          Dry Milk Powder -- (1 1/2 Tbsp)
                          (I Omitted The Dry Milk Powder)
     4 1/2  C             White Bread Flour -- (3 1/4 C)
     2      Tsp           Active Dry Yeast -- (1 3/4 Tsp)

Add all ingredients to your bread machine baking pan in order of your
particular machine's manufacturer's directions.  Use the white bread
setting.  I used light crust setting also.  Push Start.

This was very good!!  Very nice texture and flavor.  Would be an excellent
bread for kid's lunches.

Tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 3173 0 0 0

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                    Pineapple-Coconut Claufouti Cake <R T>

Recipe By     : Breadman
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                           Daily-Bread Mailing List
                  Eat-Lf Mailing List              Fruits
                  Low Fat

     1 1/2  C             All-Purpose Flour
     1      Tsp           Baking Powder
       1/2  Tsp           Baking Soda
       1/2  Tsp           Salt
       3/4  C             White Sugar
     2      Lg            Eggs
       1/2  C             Nonfat Milk -- Note 1
       1/2  C             Canned Pineapple Chunks In Juice -- Drained
       1/4  C             Pineapple Juice -- From Can
       1/2  C             Sweetened Coconut Flakes
     1      Tsp           Vanilla Extract

Note 1: Original recipe used whole milk

Combine first four ingredients and mix well.  Set aside.

Place pineapple, pineapple juice, eggs, milk, coconut, sugar, and vanilla
in the Baking Pan and place it in the machine.  Close the Lid and start the
cake sycle.  When continuous mixing begins, add the flour mixture in a
slow, steady stream. Close the Lid.

Allow the cake to cool uncovered in the refrigerator for 25 - 30 min before
attempting to remove it from the pan.

This tastes very good.  Extremely easy to prepare with not a lot of extra
pans to clean up.

Tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 1440 0 0 0 0 0 0