Freezing biscotti

SloSherri@aol.com
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:17:18 EST
v100.n071.20
<<My question, can baked Biscotti be frozen?
My idea is to make lots of it, then create coffee and biscotti baskets for
Christmas.
Has anyone tried this?
Thanks>>

Rheba,

I make TONS of biscotti each year, and have my first two batches of the
year baking as we speak, LOL.  It is amazing to me how much better it is
than store-bought, or restaurant-obtained (although why this amazes me is
anyone's guess ... it's not as though store-bought cookies are better than
home made, LOL).

I tried many recipes over the years, and finally settled on one from a King
Arthur Baking sheet from years ago.  It's an almond-coffee biscotti.  These
freeze beautifully.  When I'm getting ready to give them as gifts, or to
ship them, I begin taking them out of the freezer.  I dip them in
chocolate, drizzle white chocolate across them, and then wrap.  Easy as pie
(and delicious!)  I always make two batches so that one is cooling and
being cut while the other is doing its initial bake.  It's really easy and
quick.

Sherri