30 inch kitchen range

"Bev Carney" <sinkcar@Prodigy.net>
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 07:53:06 -0600
recently purchased a new GE model.  Although I didn't choose the one with
convection, that is an option.  The one with convection costs around $1300 I
believe.  Anyway, I love the range.  It has 2 12,000 BTU burners, both in
front, one simmer burner and one 9500 BTU burner.  We use LP and although,
like the Viking, the LP burns cooler, the reduction is minimal.  Like SHeri,
I had checked the Viking, but found it really a bit too costly for my blood.
In addition to the cost of the range, you need top-notch ventilation
according to the salesmen with whom I spoke.

The model I purchased has professional style grates that allow me to slide
heavy pots and pans over the stovetop.  In addition, it has a warming drawer
which can be used for storage, in-oven broiling, and electronic controls
which allow you to delay the start of your oven.  Originally I had not
thought I would use this feature, but am finding that I use it often. I can
put a chicken in the oven and leave, setting the oven to start 30 minutes
later.  As the oven will also automatically shut off, I needn't worry about
that either.  Either way you go, good luck in your search and have fun
looking!

Bev C