RE: Looking for a particular recipe

caron.rose@itfactory.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 09:35:29 -0500
v101.n002.10
Lauren Maslin wrote:

I've been trying to find a recipe for rolls like the ones they serve at
Bertucci's restaurant.  .......

Lauren,

I know the rolls you are talking about.  They are delicious.  I used to
work at a Domino's Pizza commisary, where they actually made the dough and
prepared the meats and veggies to distribute to the pizza shops.  Whenever
they had leftover pizza dough, they would sell it to the employees for a
dollar a bag. I would bring it home and freeze it.   I started making pizza
with it, and then one day I decided to try rolls.  They were the best
rolls!  Crusty on the outside, dense on the inside.  I found out that if
you don't let them rise quite as long, they are much better.  They aren't
quite as good as Bertucci's but they are a good substitute.  Try a good
hearty pizza dough for your rolls to see if it gives you what you want.

Caron Rose