MISTO MAGIC!!!

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net (The Ol' Tarheel)
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 10:18:56 -0500 (EST)
v101.n008.12
I would like to thank all of the bakers in the world for responding to
my query about Misto sprayer maintenance.  I know that all of the bakers
in the world didn't reply, but, boy howdy, it sure seems as if they did.
I received several good tips on how to keep my Mistos working, and they
ARE working.  Recently, a very astute member of this list gave me
another good idea; to release the pressure in the sprayer after using so
that oil does not stay in the sprayer mechanism.  So, my fellow bakers,
here is what I have learned from you:
1.  Periodically wash the Mistos as instructed in the directions.
2.  Hold the Misto as erect as possible when spraying (no more than a 45
degree angle).
3.  Tilt whatever you are spraying (if possible) rather than the Misto.
4.  Make sure that the Misto is pumped up enough (I average about 20
pumps).
5.  Release the pressure after using and before storing by loosening the
top and then tightening it again.
6.  Do not store your Misto near a heat source as this may cause the oil
to get "gummy."
My two Mistos now work very well (no, I do not work for Misto! <grin>
Thanks to all...Bob the Tarheel Baker