Cuban bread

"Sonia Martinez" <akakainn@gte.net>
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 08:15:42 -0800
v101.n012.13
Aloha Reggie;

Cuban bread is not supposed to be salty.  It should be crustry on the
outside and quite soft and "pillowy" on the inside, with a nice mild flavor
that goes well with anything.

I haven't made it in a long time, but I lost my recipe in the fire that
destroyed my home/business, and can't remember the exact quantities on
ingredients,  but there is one that I tried many years ago in the James
Beard bread book.  It turned out ok, but I still can't make it like the
Cuban bakeries can.

I'll see if my sister in Miami can help get us a good recipe, though most
Cubans just get it at the baker's.