Potato Rolls - a terrific recipe

"Linda Grande" <LGrande@koin.com>
Mon, 14 May 2001 16:17:40 -0500
v101.n026.8
Here's a terrific recipe I uncovered just the other day which had been
posted on a recipe site:

Potato Rolls

Ingredients:

3/4 c  water
1/2 c + 1 Tbsp milk
1 large egg
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 c potato flakes
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes (optional)
2 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp yeast

Instructions:

Place all ingredients into bread machine. Program for dough and  press
start. At the end of the cycle, punch down the dough to rest and turn out
onto a lightly floured board. Divide dough and  allow to rest for five
to  10 minutes. Divide each half of dough into 12 even pieces. Turn the
ball of dough inside out and pinch the ends together on the  bottom. This
will give you a smooth ball. Place seam side down on  ungreased cookie
sheet. Allow to rise 30 - 40 minutes or until doubled. Bake in an oven
preheated to 425 F for 15 to 18 minutes or until of desired brown-ness.

I used a cornstarch glaze with poppy seeds. These looked lovely and were
really delicious.